Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A change from regular pizza, you may adapt this recipe to your liking by changing the ingredients :)
- 3 (7 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 2 cups favorite pasta sauce
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- sliced pepperoni (any amount desired)
- parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the pasta sauce with the green pepper, onion, olives and mushrooms.
- Cut EACH biscuit into four even pieces with kitchen shears.
- Arrange HALF of the biscuit pieces in the greased baking dish (it might not cover all of the dish).
- Spread HALF of the sauce on top of the biscuits.
- Top with the full amount of pepperoni.
- Then sprinkle HALF of the mozza cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Repeat the layers (remaining biscuits, then sauce, the remaining mozza cheese on top).
- Sprinkle with a little grated Parmesan cheese on top of the mozza cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the sides are golden brown.
I was alone for dinner, finally! and thought I would treat myself.
Being a broke college student, I had 2 cans of flaky biscuits, some cheddar cheese, a tomato sauce can, 1/2 bag mozzarella cheese, a handful chopped jalapenos, 1/2 chopped garlic clove, some pepper and grated parmesan cheese.....and BAMMMMM!!!
YUMMY GREATNESS BUBBLICIOUS!!!!
Thank you so much for your recipe because I look forward to making larger portions and adding various vegetables/meats to entertain my families over the holiday!!!
It's like Santa Claus gave me a gift and it was your recipe!
****(P.S.- I've been using your Chocolate Fudge Icing for 1 1/2 years with my homemade devils food cake, and if it weren't for your recipe AGAIN, people at work/family wouldn't be begging for more! Our work party was almost 3 weeks ago and people still begging me to bring the fudge iced devil food cakes!)
This was a huge hit in our house. The bonus is I could mushrooms on my half since my DH won't touch the fungus. HA. I did have problems getting the very top middle biscuits cooked. I cooked for 25 minutes, then put back in for 15 more with foil...then we ate. only one tiny spot in the middle wasn't done. Next time I think I will try the foil on first, then brown...but delish and declared a keeper! ***additional note 7/1/10: I have made this a number of times and just recently made it in my dark metal Calphalon 9x13 pan because my glass one was taken, and all of it got done with the foil first then non-foil method. So metal it is for me in the future (but oh so painful to clean, but TOTALLY worth it!)
This was a life saver. Dh and I were putting up bunk beds in the girls room when I looked at the clock and it was six p.m.Had no dinner prepared. Found this and let ds and one dd cut up biscuits and help prepare this. It wa easy and good using ingredients I ihad on hand. If you don't want to go to the trouble of homemade pizza crust plus all the toppings and work this is for you! Dream come true recipe! Thanks!!!!!!