Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great breakfast muffin.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and or or strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter or spray with a non stick cooking spray 12 - 2 3/4 x 1 1/2 inch muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined.
- Fill each muffin cup almost full of batter.
- Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.