Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are best served the moment they come out of the fryer. Adapted from Buttermilk Batter-Fried Onion Rings
- 2 large sweet onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- canola oil
- Cut onions into 1/2-inch slices, separate into rings, and set aside.
- Whisk together all ingredients other than oil.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch into a fry pan and heat to 350.
- Dip onion rings in batter, coating well.
- Fry, a few rings at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
- Or can be kept hot in the oven.
Look no further,these were the best tasting onion rings I ever made.Crisp on the outside,tender inside,with a touch of bam! Thanks for the recipe.