1/5 Photos of Buttermilk Bannock
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
When I was a little girl, we used to make bannock over the fire. I loved it. My Mom hated it. Which made me love it even more!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and raisins together.
- 2Separately, fork-blend eggs and buttermilk, then add to dry ingredients.
- 3Stir until sticky batter is formed.
- 4Scrape batter onto well-floured surface and knead lightly.
- 5Shape batter into ball, then place in round non-stick casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 6Mark a cross in the center, using a sharp knife.
- 7Bake uncovered in preheated 350-degree oven for about 1 1/4 hours.
- 8Wait 10-15 minutes before attempting to remove bread from casserole and then cool on wire rack.
- 9If desired, cut loaf into quarters and then slice thinly.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Bannock
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 818.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 13.4 g