Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Southern Recipe: This is a moist flavorful banana bread made with buttermilk.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups of mashed bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl mix together Buttermilk and Baking soda. Mix and set a side (needs to rise).
- In a Large Bowl, mix together Sugar, Butter, Flour, Bananas, and nuts.
- Combined Buttermilk mixture with other ingredients.
- Pour in to 1 Large bread pan 2 Medium Pans or 3 Small.
I thought the ratio of ingredients are WAY off, but I figured I would give it a shot and I was right. Disgusting soupy mess not fit for human consumption.
Only two stars, very liquid batter that doesn't cook to the characterist cracked topped banana bread. Cooked till toothpick came out clean yet loaf feel in the middle upon cooling. This recipe needs some twicking to be a good banana bread.
4 stars because the flavor is really great. Not five because it didn't cook right. It needs a little more flour or less banana or longer cooking time. I'm going with more cooking time right now, but will try with another 1/2 cup of flour next time.