1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Banana Bread
1 hr 20 mins
This is the best banana bread I've ever tasted. It's always moist and tasty. I got the recipe from the Vanderbilt Medical Student Mates Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream sugar and butter.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition - use a mixer.
- 3Stir baking soda into buttermilk and add to mixture.
- 4Sift baking powder with flour and blend into creamed mixture.
- 5Add vanilla and banana and mix.
- 6Stir in pecans.
- 7Pour into greased and floured 9"x5" loaf pan. (May also use 4 mini loaf pans.).
- 8Bake at 300 degrees F for about 1 1/2 hours or until loaf tests done with a toothpick. (Bake for 50-60 minutes for mini loaves.).
- 9Cool for 20-30 minutes before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 226.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g