Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I needed a recipe almost fat free. After marination, this would be fast and juicy that could be heaten up if need be. This is the recipe. Note: If you have large chicken breasts increase the Panko and spices. You could double the breading recipe.
Top Review by flcougar88
Good recipe. But, when I did the shake and bake I needed more ingredients. Maybe instead of the number of breasts requested for the recipe a weight for the breasts. I thought the paprika made it spicy but, no one complained.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (optional)
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak chicken breasts in buttermilk or buttermilk substitute. Soak at least 6 hours.
- Turn breasts over after 3 hours on each side.
- Drain breasts in a colandar and discard the buttermilk.
- In a gallon ziplock sack, add Panko crumbs, Mrs. Dash, cilantro, garlic salt, white pepper and paprika. Shake, shake shake.
- Spray Pam on flat baking pan.
- Preheat oven 400.
- Put the pan in the oven to heat.
- Place one chicken breast at a time in the sack and shake until covered.
- Do that with each piece. Place all on the hot pan and bake 10 minutes on each side.
- Take a flat spatula to turn the chicken in the pan. Slice in strips if desired before serving. Marination time is not included in work time.