Recipe by Laura Leigh
This is a wonderful, comforting main dish. Given to me by my mother. The gravy is awesome; soak it up wish some rice or a biscuit. Yum!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 13x9 inch baking dish in a 425 oven.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dip chicken in ½ cup buttermilk and dredge in flour.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.
- Turn chicken and bake 10 more minutes.
- Stir together remaining 1 cup buttermilk and cream of mushroom soup; pour over chicken and cover with foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Drizzle gravy over chicken.
- Bake another ten minutes.