Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful, comforting main dish. Given to me by my mother. The gravy is awesome; soak it up wish some rice or a biscuit. Yum!
- Melt butter in a 13x9 inch baking dish in a 425 oven.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dip chicken in ½ cup buttermilk and dredge in flour.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.
- Turn chicken and bake 10 more minutes.
- Stir together remaining 1 cup buttermilk and cream of mushroom soup; pour over chicken and cover with foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Drizzle gravy over chicken.
- Bake another ten minutes.
This was fantastic! The gravy was just wonderful. Can't wait to fix this for my family. It was so easy. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.
My friend and I are in a cooking co-op and she made this for dinner on her night.. it's delicious! My husband loved it, we all did actually!
Delicious!! Made just as directed. Thanks, Laura Leigh!!