Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found in a Martha Stewart book
Make and share this Buttermilk Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil for baking sheet
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 lbs chicken parts, rinsed and patted dry (preferably legs, thighs and wings)
- Preheat oven to 400. Generously rub a baking dish with oil. In a food processor, pulse the bread until it turns into coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl, stir together buttermilk, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, thyme and more pepper to taste.
- Place chicken in buttermilk mixture, turning to coat evenly. Working with one piece at a time, remove chicken from liquid, letting excess drip back into the bowl; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat evenly. Place coated chicken pieces on the baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is golden brown, about 35 minutes.