Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
the sweet and salty combe here is incrediby decadent. I have never tasted anything like it before.
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 14.79 ml light corn syrup
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 2.46 ml grated orange zest
- 4 slice bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- in a heavy bottomed deep saucepan combine sugars, buttermilk, corn syrup, baking soda and salt.
- cook slowly over medium heat for twenty minutes until candy thermometer reaches 235 degrees farenheit.
- remove from heat and add butter, vanilla, pecans, orange zest and bacon.
- beat hard with wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- drop by teaspoon fulls into buttered parchment paper or silicone mat.
- let stand 30 minutes.