Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
the sweet and salty combe here is incrediby decadent. I have never tasted anything like it before.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- in a heavy bottomed deep saucepan combine sugars, buttermilk, corn syrup, baking soda and salt.
- cook slowly over medium heat for twenty minutes until candy thermometer reaches 235 degrees farenheit.
- remove from heat and add butter, vanilla, pecans, orange zest and bacon.
- beat hard with wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- drop by teaspoon fulls into buttered parchment paper or silicone mat.
- let stand 30 minutes.