Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sara Moulton/Associated Press. If you don't have buttermilk on hand you can sour some milk with a little bit of white vinegar.
- 1 large Hass avocado, peeled, pitted
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk (or more depending on how creamy you want the sauce)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (I used roasted garlic and finely grated it)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mash with a fork. Taste and correct seasonings if necessary.
- Cover with a layer of waxed paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate or serve immediately. Serve at room temperature.
- Yield is estimated.