Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Favorite at potlucks or any time.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3 ounce) package apricot gelatin
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- In small saucepan heat undrained pineapple until boiling.
- Stir in apricot gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl.
- Cover and chill for 25 to 30 minutes or until cool.
- Fold in dessert topping and nuts.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours or until set.
- To serve, cut into squares.
This has been a family favorite for many years. Excellent recipe, thanks for posting.
I, also, got this recipe many years ago and loved it. Also I add mand. oranges, and usually no nuts. You can make it with sugarfree jello and whip.topping. It is also great with peach or orange jello, or any type. The buttermilk makes it creamy and lite. Try it!
A friend gave me a recipe very similar but w/no nuts, and a small can of drained mandarin oranges. It is easy, most people like it, and can be served w/the meal or as a dessert.