1/2 Photos of Buttermilk-Apple Coffee Cake
out of here's Note:
Just a very simple little coffee cake with apples and almonds. It was in an old Cooking Light magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced granny smith apples
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2To prepare the cake, combine the first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Cook 5 minutes or until syrupy, stirring; cool.
- 3Spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup.
- 4Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 5Combine granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended; add the egg and extracts, beating well.
- 6Add the flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mix; beat well after each addition.
- 7Spoon the batter into 8 inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- 8Arrange apple mixture over cake; top with almonds.
- 9Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan.
- 10Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 11Quickly invert cake onto wire rack, then invert onto serving plate.
- 12Prepare the glaze and drizzle over cake.
- 13Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk-Apple Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 163.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g