Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very tasty and easy to make. The recipe is adapted from one I found on the internet.
Make and share this Buttermilk Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease a 9" sq. pan.
- Blend 3/4 cup brown sugar, oil, egg & vanilla in large bowl.
- Combine flour, baking soda & salt. Add to wet mixture. Add apple & buttermilk. Mix thoroughly just to moisten.
- Spread mixture into greased pan.
- Topping: Combine brown sugar, pecans, & cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake cake at 325° for 30 to 35 mnutes.
This was very good! I can't believe how moist it was. I left out the pecans, because my boyfriend doesn't care for them in baked goods. What a great snack or quick breakfast with morning coffee. I'll make this again and again! :)