1/2 Photos of Buttermilk Angel Biscuits
Frozen butter is the trick to these light flakey buttery biscuits! To make cheese biscuits, add in 1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese to the flour mix before adding in the buttermilk. I separate into two balls, and refrigerate for 1 or more hours before cutting into biscuits, this give the gluten in the flour time to relax, and makes for a better biscuit. Although I have never tried this I'm quite sure the recipe may be cut in half, as there is quite a bit of dough to handle with the recipe, any leftover biscuits can be frozen. Don't forget frozen butter only, that's the trick to a light and airy biscuit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- 3In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, grated cheddar cheese (if using) and baking soda; stir with a spoon to combine.
- 4Grate the frozen butter into the flour mixture; toss to combine.
- 5Make a hole in the center of the flour mixture.
- 6Add in the buttermilk all at once; stir just until moistened (do not overmix!).
- 7Divide the dough into two.
- 8Knead each dough piece gently, until dough holds together.
- 9Shape the dough into a semi-flat round ball. into a ball,.
- 10Wrap the balls in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about one or more hours, before cutting into biscuits.
- 11Flatten with hands on a lightly floured surface to about a 1-inch thickness (can be thicker if desired for a higher biscuit).
- 12Cut the dough with a biscuit cutter into round shapes.
- 13Place on cookie sheet.
- 14Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 15**NOTE** because of the butter content, these biscuits tend to spread out a bit while baking, not too worry though, they are still to die for LOL!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Angel Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.6
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 718.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g