Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A great soup for a dinner party. Make about 3 to 4 hours in advance and then it is ready to serve when guests arrive. Great for those hot summer days.
- 946.0 ml buttermilk
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml granulated sugar
- 226.79 g cooked shrimp, chopped (Small salad shrimp works well)
- 1 cucumber, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 29.58 ml green onions, chopped
- Combine the buttermilk, mustard, salt and sugar.
- Add shrimp, cucumber and green onion.
- Stir until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve in chilled soup bowls.
- The cooking time reflects the time to chill the soup.
I am so in love w/this soup, much more than I already knew I would be. I see this lovely, light & tasty soup as definitely company-worthy, esp as a starter for an otherwise heavy dinner party meal. It also has the advantage of being a make-ahead easy-fix. I made 2 sml chgs - 1 out of pers pref & 1 out of need. Green onions are only available here occ, so I subbed fresh-snipped chives. I also added 1 tsp Old Bay which I usually do in shrimp & crab dishes as I favor the flavor it lends to them. Using half shrimp & half crabmeat would be another excellent variation I cannot wait to try. Thx for sharing this sure to be repeated *winner recipe* w/us. *Yum* :-)
This is a different chilled soup, I really have not had anything like this before, I have to say it is very tasty, my DS enjoyed this for lunch in a big mug. I used small canned salad shrimp, and crushed the cucumber on my prosessor until very finely minced. This would make a great summertime soup! thanks Paula...Kitten