1/3 Photos of Buttermilk and Onion Salad Dressing Mix
This recipe can be used in place of the Ranch Dressing packets. It is very good and light mayonnaise or salad dressing can be used to reduce the calories and fat. The recipe comes from More Make-A-Mix-Cookery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dry buttermilk baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon msg (optional, I don't add it.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1In a small bowl or jar mix all ingredients until evenly distributed.
- 2Store in a cool dry place.
- 3Can be stored for up to 6 months or of course used immediately to make a wonderful salad dressing.
- 4For the dressing, combine salad dressing mix, mayonnaise and water.
- 5Mix well and store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk and Onion Salad Dressing Mix
Serving Size: 1 (784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.1
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 2148.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salad dressing mix