Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty mashed potatoes. I like to leave mine a bit chunky, but make them a smooth as you like.
Make and share this Buttermilk and Herb Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 3⁄4-2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large pot, boil the potato chunks in salted water over high heat. Cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 - 15 minutes. Drain.
- Return the potatoes to the pot. Add the butter and buttermilk and mash well. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix/mash to desired smoothness.
Really delicious and creamy. I used Yukon Gold potatoes along with dried herbs. I loved the rich taste that the buttermilk provided without a lot of added fat. This was served with fried chicken, peas and sourdough biscuits for a delicious Easter feast.
Delicious! These potatoes were a wonderful change from standard mashed potatoes. The buttermilk gave the potatoes a creamy texture and added a sour cream-like tang. We really loved the flavor the fresh herbs added. I used 8 large red potatoes (unpeeled) instead of the yukon gold. Also, I added 6 cloves of garlic to the potatoes while they cooked. Thank you for sharing!
I really enjoy recipes like this, versatile ones that take you where you lead them. These potatoes were served with Southwestern Meatloaf, so I took them to the SW. I subbed cilantro for the tarragon & parsley + added garlic & a few drops of Tobasco for a bit of a heat level. Like Ev, I liked that they were not loaded w/butter & got their creamy flavor from the combo of buttermilk & seasonings. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.