Recipe by *Parsley*
Tasty mashed potatoes. I like to leave mine a bit chunky, but make them a smooth as you like.
Top Review by PaulaG
Really delicious and creamy. I used Yukon Gold potatoes along with dried herbs. I loved the rich taste that the buttermilk provided without a lot of added fat. This was served with fried chicken, peas and sourdough biscuits for a delicious Easter feast.
- 8 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 3⁄4-2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, boil the potato chunks in salted water over high heat. Cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 - 15 minutes. Drain.
- Return the potatoes to the pot. Add the butter and buttermilk and mash well. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix/mash to desired smoothness.