1/1 Photo of Buttermilk and Gorgonzola Coleslaw
I wanted to kick up the flavor in my buttermilk coleslaw recipe to accompany a spicy pork tenderloin sandwich. The combination was perfect! I set out on a mission to pair this coleslaw with other more traditional coleslaw accompaniments such as burgers and chili dogs. This recipe is a winner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons dried onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill, dried
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, Hellman's, Best Foods
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, ground black
- 3 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1DRESSING: In a medium mixing bowl, preferably one with a lid, combine dried onion, dill, white sugar, mayo, buttermilk, vinegar and salt and pepper. Mix well with a whisk or a fork. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2*Empty coleslaw mix into a separate bowl, add in 1/2 of the dressing and fold ingredients until all is well incorporated. Store the remaining dressing in a jar with a tight fitting lid and place in the fridge.
- 3Add the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and gently fold into the slaw mix until completely distributed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Adjust salt to taste before serving and add more of the dressing if you feel your slaw mix is too dry.
- 4*NOTE: After combining the dressing with the slaw mix it may appear dry, but refrain from adding more wet ingredients to moisten. As the slaw sits in the fridge, the salt and sugar within the recipe will draw out the natural water in the cabbage and dilute the dressing naturally. Additionally, you can make the dressing up to 1 week before use and store in a jar with a tight fitting lid in the fridge. When ready to use, simply add the slaw mix and Gorgonzola.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk and Gorgonzola Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 304.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice wine vinegar