Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo that I did yesterday. These mashed potatoes are creamy and delicious. I used more chives than requested. And instead of using buttermilk, I made my own with milk and adding vinegar. That was perfect.
Top Review by kittycatmom
I love mashed potatoes! This recipe is fantastic!!! The bite of the buttermilk is an excellent addition to this recipe and goes together perfectly with the chives. I will use this recipe often! Thanks Boomie!!! Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk, about
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, finely cut
- salt and pepper (I used seasoning salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- With a mash potatoes, mash the potatoes with the butter. Then with an electric mixer, reduce the mixture to a puree with the buttermilk and chive. Add salt and pepper.