Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from Ricardo that I did yesterday. These mashed potatoes are creamy and delicious. I used more chives than requested. And instead of using buttermilk, I made my own with milk and adding vinegar. That was perfect.
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk, about
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, finely cut
- salt and pepper (I used seasoning salt)
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- With a mash potatoes, mash the potatoes with the butter. Then with an electric mixer, reduce the mixture to a puree with the buttermilk and chive. Add salt and pepper.
I love mashed potatoes! This recipe is fantastic!!! The bite of the buttermilk is an excellent addition to this recipe and goes together perfectly with the chives. I will use this recipe often! Thanks Boomie!!! Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag
Excellent. Loved the addition of the chives. I've made mashed potatoes with buttermilk before and really like it. DH usually doesn't eat leftover potatoes but he asked me to save these tonight. Very fluffy and very good. Thanks Made for Tic-Tac-Toe
Love the buttermilk in this! I made this to go with some meatloaf, and it was just perfect. Thanks so much for sharing! Made for Market tag game.