Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
This cake is smooth and rich! You won't believe it is made without butter. This is great as a coffee cake or a fancier dessert by adding whipped cream and fresh berries. It was so good! We found it on odense.com
- 7 ounces almond paste, grated (We used Odense)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 1 -2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease pan.
- Line bottom of pan with wax paper and grease paper.
- Use box grater and grate almond paste.
- Add almond paste, sugar and eggs to a mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Turn speed to high, and mix for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to almond mixture.
- Mix on a low speed until just combined.
- Add almond slivers
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert on plate or wire rack, peel off wax paper.
- Invert cake back onto wire rack (so top doesn't get lined) to finish cooling.
- Dust with confectioners sugar if desired.
- Enjoy with your morning or evening coffee!