1/1 Photo of Butterhorns
4 hrs 15 mins
DebS #2's Note:
These little buttery crescents are filled with almond paste. They were an Easter tradition started by my grandmother and continued on, now for my family. The recipe was in my grandmothers heart - when she died we thought we lost the recipe until her neighbor lady gave it to her granddaughter - who gave it to me! So now it's back in the family and the tradition lives on!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, butter, shortening and salt like for a pie crust.
- 2Mix beaten eggs and sugar and combine with above.
- 3Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water and combine with warm milk.
- 4Add to flour mixture.
- 5Knead and put in a cool place to rise.
- 6Combine butter, lemon, almond extract and sugar; add nuts and eggs to make a paste.
- 7Roll dough thin and cut into triangles.
- 8Spread with almond paste and roll into crescent shapes.
- 9Let rise again.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterhorns
Serving Size: 1 (1722 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.5
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 66.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of