Recipe by Jennifer Iadevaia
This recipe has been in our family for many years. They are a tad bit tedious but very much worth it.
Top Review by Steph Doll
Absolutey fantastic recipe. Thank you so much for posting it. I have actually made these for 3 Christmases now and forgot to rate them. My dad asks me to make them specifically, and they're my daughters favorite. I make them exactly as the recipe says and they're perfect. I chop the nuts in the food processor which works great. Everyone that tries them wants more!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl; measure flour, butter, sour cream, salt, baking powder, ½ cup sugar, and 1 egg yolk (place egg white in small bowl set aside)
- With spoon stir until blended and mixture holds together (also works in the mixer, just be sure to cream the butter first).
- Shape into ball and wrap in plastic wrap chill 2-3 hours until firm.
- In small bowl stir walnuts cinnamon and ½ cup sugar set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll out 1/3 of dough to 1/8-thick; use 10-inch round plate as guide.
- Spread egg white with pastry brush on circle.
- Cut into 12 equal wedges, using a pizza cutter to do this makes this step a lot easier.
- Spread walnut mixture and roll starting at curved edge.
- Place cookies point side down about 1 1/2- inches apart.
- In cup beat 1 egg and ½ teaspoon sugar.
- Brush cookies.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.