Butterfly Pasta With Cannellini Beans
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and garlic over medium heat.
- After a minute or two, when the garlic begins to sizzle, add the tomatoes and the beans.
- Bring it to a low boil and simmer it for 20 minutes, or until the pasta is ready.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Add the basil to the tomato sauce about a minute before you drain the pasta.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce or mix the pasta and sauce together in a large bowl.
- Serve the pasta topped with Parmesan cheese.