Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
In 'The Six O' Clock Scramble' by Aviva Goldfarb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf, coarsely chopped
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and garlic over medium heat.
- After a minute or two, when the garlic begins to sizzle, add the tomatoes and the beans.
- Bring it to a low boil and simmer it for 20 minutes, or until the pasta is ready.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Add the basil to the tomato sauce about a minute before you drain the pasta.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce or mix the pasta and sauce together in a large bowl.
- Serve the pasta topped with Parmesan cheese.