"From Aunt Sandra, a fabulous Alabama cook. This recipe, alongside baked French Toast, is wonderful to have on deck for overnight guests or busy mornings, like Christmas!" Posted in Courier Journal, Wednesday Oct 1st, 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the crusts off the bread.
- 2Lightly spread both the front and back of each slice with butter or margarine.
- 3Place buttered bread evenly in a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- 4In a large skillet, cook sausage until browned, breaking it into small pieces.
- 5Drain off excess grease.
- 6Spoon cooked sausage over bread slices, and sprinkle cheese over the sausage.
- 7Beat eggs with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- 8Mix in half-and-half and salt.
- 9Pour egg mixture over bread slices.
- 10Cover dish, and refrigerate overnight.
- 11The next morning, remove casserole from refrigerator 15 minutse before baking, while oven is heating to 350.
- 12Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until eggs have set.
- 13Serves 6 as a main course, 8-10 as a side dish.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterfly Garden's Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.7
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 325.7 mg
- Sodium 1286.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 26.7 g