Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
"From Debra Richardson, who owns and operates The Yellow Carriage House Bed and Breakfast in Shelbyville, Ky. This would be excellent with some toasted pecans or orange zest sprinkled between the layers of bread!" Posted in the Courier Journal Wednesday, Oct 3rd, 2008
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, and stir in the corn syrup and brown sugar.
- Mix well by hand, and pour into greased dish.
- Layer the bread slices on top of the brown sugar, double stacking them.
- Sprinkle pecans over the first layer of bread, if using.
- Whisk beaten eggs and cream together by hand, and pour over bread slices.
- Cover dish, and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next morning, bake uncovered for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees, or until tops of bread are browning.
- Cut slices diagonally and arrange on serving platter.
- Drizzle syrup in the pan over French toast, as well as honey and cinnamon if desired.
- Servec with fresh berries and freshly sweetened whipped cream.
- Serves 6 as a main dish, 8-10 as a side dish.