Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
recipe i found in "Kid's night in! 2", recipe by Kylie Kwong, i'm just posting it to tell others. haven't tried it yet, so take pictures!!!! :D MAKES 24
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating each in until combined. Add sifted flour, milk and vanilla essence.
- Spoon mixture into patty tins lined with paper patty cups. Bake in moderate oven (190C.) towards the top of the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice tops off cooled cakes, and fill cakes with freshly whipped cream. Carefully cut tops in half lengthways and arrange these 'butterfly wings' on the cream.
- Place a strawberry half in the centre of the wings. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- and EAT! :D.
With no photo as guidance I took things into my own hands and made these wee cupcakes to look as close to Butterflies as possible. Cake recipe is wonderful but I used this recipe, Lemon Cream, for the filling. Raspberries were the right size so they got used rather than the GIANT strawberries my market sells. Made these for dessert (pudding) on a fine Spring Day and the family delighted in them. My DH and children are British so Fairy Cakes and Butterfly cakes are held dear to their hearts. Made for Spring PAC 2010.