1/1 Photo of Butterfly Cupcakes
Easy, versatile and impressive! My mom made these when I was growing up. She used simple products we had on-hand.I will give the "classic" recipe (the one my mom used which is my favorite), but this recipe is more of a technique because the combinations you can use are endless!Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the cake mix according to manufacturers instructions. Pour into muffin pans lined with paper "baking cups" to prevent sticking to the pan while baking.
- 2Bake according to the manufacturers instructions and allow to fully cool. You should yield 12 - 24 cupcakes depending on the brand.
- 3Once totally cooled, cut the top off of the cupcake right above the part where the cupcake "mushrooms" -- Not Below!
- 4Place the tops to the side as they will be used later to top the cupcake (they are not "scraps" -- so do not eat!).
- 5Using a small pairing knife, cut a small circle on the top of the cupcake. Use a spoon to scoop cake from out of the hole (about a tablespoons worth).
- 6Fill the hole with pie filling (if the hole is about a tablespoon, then use 2 tablespoons of filling). Spread the excess filling over the top of the cupcake.
- 7Take one of the cupcake tops that was cut off earlier and cut it in half down the middle to create 2 half circles. Place the half circles with the rounded side facing "in" and the smooth baked side facing "up" back on top of the filled cupcakes. This will form a "Butterfly" shape on top of your cakes.
- 8Dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterfly Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 300.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pie filling