Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a good pork chop recipe. I got it from Good Housekeeping, a long time ago.
- 6 butterfly pork chops, each cut about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup rose wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 cups hot cooked rice or 4 cups noodles
- Trim piece of fat from edge of a pork chop.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, rub piece of fat over bottom of skillet to grease it well; discard fat.
- Add chops and cook until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, rose`, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 40 to 45 minutes until chops are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in cup, blend flour and cream until smooth.
- Place chops on warm platter.
- Over medium heat, gradually stir cream mixture into pan liquid and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
- Serve sauce over chops and rice or noodles.