Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
After a cake that is moist, light, fluffy and decadent? This is it!!!!!
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 250 g strawberries, sliced
- icing sugar, for dusting
white chocolate cream
- 1 cup white cooking chocolate
- 300 ml thickened cream (whipping cream)
- Line 2 deep 12 hole muffin tins with paper patty cases.
- Beat butter, essence, sugar, eggs and milk with electric beaters add flour and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes until smooth and pale.
- Divide among patty pans.
- Bake in moderate oven (180C/350F) for 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM.
- Place chocolate and 1/4 cup cream in saucepan and stir until chocolate melts.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold cooled melted chocolate into cream until combined.
- using a sharp knife cut a circle from the top of each cake; cut circle in half to make two wings.
- Fill hoes with with cream mixture.
- Put wings on top of cakes; top with with srawberries, dust with icing sugar.
- MAKE A PIG OF YOURSELF.
Wow djmastermum, the fairy cakes were absolutely wonderful. I adored them. Gosh, I think I ate most of them myself. They certainly did not disappoint. A light and fluffy sponge cake with the most decadent cream topping. The white chocolate was a perfect choice to partner with the cake and strawberries, garnished with a light sprinkling of icing sugar, sheer perfection. And yes, I did make a pig of myself and will do so again. I can't wait. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.