Recipe by Lorianne1
I found this recipe in a Beta Sigma Phi cookbook my mom gave me for Christmas many years ago. I haven't tried it because I live in a condo and don't have my own backyard. This mixture attracts Butterflies by day and Moths by night.
- 12 ounces beer, regular
- 2 lbs dark brown sugar
- 2 cups molasses or 2 cups syrup
- 2 lbs bananas or 2 lbs peaches, well ripened
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a large jar or crock.
- Cover loosely and place in the sun. Let ferment for 1 day. Make sure cover is loose fitting as it expands with fermentation.
- Store in shady area after fermenting.
- Dab mixture on posts, rocks, or tree trunks with an old paint brush. Results will improve with time. Butterflies seem to find it more easily on a large rock in a flower bed.