Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an easy - cook it in an hour - recipe for a boneless butterflied leg of lamb. This recipe can be adapted for bone-in leg of lamb - just adjust for the size of the piece of meat. For a different taste, replace curry powder with 1 tbs dijon mustard. Different effect, but same base. I developed this recipe while just playing around in the kitchen one day - wanting to give my lamb a subtle kick without taking it over the top. This has become an absolute family favorite.
- 2 -3 lbs butterflied leg of lamb
- 20 garlic cloves, crushed (3 tbs yield)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons crushed rosemary
- 1 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- Preheat oven to 350 (or prepare grill if you prefer). Lay out butterflied leg of lamb - fat side down - on a pan with a rack.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and lightly coat both sides of the meat. Bake on center rack of oven for 50 minutes for rare, 1 hour for medium, or to your preference. Medium rare to medium for best taste.
Unbelievably good - you MUST try this recipe. Its easy, has a nice kick, and is one of the tastiest lamb dishes I have ever encountered. Bravo to the chef who invented this one!