Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
An absolutely marvelous and simple lamb recipe that even people who don't like lamb love, courtesy of my Aunt Stephanie. It's my go-to recipe for Passover Seder, and always gets rave reviews. Best done on a grill, it still works just as well under the broiler, and looks spectacular thanks to the butterflying, regardless of which method you choose. It's also just as yummy cold as freshly cooked, if not even better. I seem to remember this actually serving a lot more than 6-8 people, but this is what another very similar recipe said is the yield. I've never really paid attention to that or the weight of the lamb I've bought, but had to come up with a number for here.
- Place meat fat side down in shallow pan.
- Mix other ingredients together and pour over lamb.
- Cover pan tightly and refrigerate overnight, turning at least once.
- Turn at least once during marinating.
- Remove from marinade 1 hour before cooking.
- Prepare grill with hot coals, or preheat broiler.
- Put meat in broiling pan or on grill fat side up.
- Sear meat.
- Baste and broil meat 25-30 minutes for rare meat, or until done, turning half way through.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.