Wendy H.'s Note:
An absolutely marvelous and simple lamb recipe that even people who don't like lamb love, courtesy of my Aunt Stephanie. It's my go-to recipe for Passover Seder, and always gets rave reviews. Best done on a grill, it still works just as well under the broiler, and looks spectacular thanks to the butterflying, regardless of which method you choose. It's also just as yummy cold as freshly cooked, if not even better. I seem to remember this actually serving a lot more than 6-8 people, but this is what another very similar recipe said is the yield. I've never really paid attention to that or the weight of the lamb I've bought, but had to come up with a number for here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place meat fat side down in shallow pan.
- 2Mix other ingredients together and pour over lamb.
- 3Cover pan tightly and refrigerate overnight, turning at least once.
- 4Turn at least once during marinating.
- 5Remove from marinade 1 hour before cooking.
- 6Prepare grill with hot coals, or preheat broiler.
- 7Put meat in broiling pan or on grill fat side up.
- 8Sear meat.
- 9Baste and broil meat 25-30 minutes for rare meat, or until done, turning half way through.
- 10Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterflied Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1010.3
- Calories from Fat 704
- Total Fat 78.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 253.2 mg
- Sodium 1011.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 70.5 g