1/2 Photos of Butterflied Lamb with Garlic Butter
4 hrs 15 mins
Doreen Randal's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kg lamb, boned and butterflied
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 90 g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 kg small potato, halved
- 250 g baby onions or 250 g shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Open lamb out flat, place the fat-side down on a board. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin pound the lamb to even thickness.
- 2Combine herbs, rind, garlic, pepper and butter in a small bowl; spread the mixture over the fat-side of the lamb.
- 3Place lamb in a large shallow dish, drizzle the juice over. Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 4Place the potatoes and onions in a large roasting dish; drizzle with oil. Bake uncovered, in a moderately hot oven 20 minutes.
- 5Place lamb, fat-side up, over the vegetables in the roasting dish. Bake uncovered in moderately hot oven about 40 minutes or until lamb doneness as desired.
- 6Remove the lamb from the dish, cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 7Drain the excess juices from the pan, bake potatoes and onions in a very hot oven another 15 minutes or until crisp.
- 8Slice lamb and serve with the vegetables.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterflied Lamb with Garlic Butter
Serving Size: 1 (678 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1194.5
- Calories from Fat 673
- Total Fat 74.8 g
- Saturated Fat 33.0 g
- Cholesterol 312.0 mg
- Sodium 348.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 75.9 g