Recipe by Doreen Randal
Top Review by ImKerri
The lamb was so tender and everything had so much flavor, it was hard to stop eating! I loved the juice the lemon made and it was great drizzled over the potatoes. I plan to make this for my inlaws when they come to see us, as they both love lamb and I know this will tickle their taste buds!
- 2 kg lamb, boned and butterflied
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 90 g butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 kg small potato, halved
- 250 g baby onions or 250 g shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Open lamb out flat, place the fat-side down on a board. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin pound the lamb to even thickness.
- Combine herbs, rind, garlic, pepper and butter in a small bowl; spread the mixture over the fat-side of the lamb.
- Place lamb in a large shallow dish, drizzle the juice over. Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Place the potatoes and onions in a large roasting dish; drizzle with oil. Bake uncovered, in a moderately hot oven 20 minutes.
- Place lamb, fat-side up, over the vegetables in the roasting dish. Bake uncovered in moderately hot oven about 40 minutes or until lamb doneness as desired.
- Remove the lamb from the dish, cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Drain the excess juices from the pan, bake potatoes and onions in a very hot oven another 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Slice lamb and serve with the vegetables.