A wonderful dish using a combination of four fresh herbs, fresh bread crumbs, garlic and butter. Serve on a bed of arugula tossed with olive oil and lemon juice. Original recipe from Wolfgang Puck of the Food Network.
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 4 cups arugula, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spread bread crumbs on baking sheet and toast in oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Raise oven temperature to 500°.
- Butterfly shrimp, then turn the shrimp over and make 3 small shallow slits horizontally across the shrimp being careful not to cut all the way through to prevent shrimp from curling during cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix together oregano, thyme, parsley, basil and garlic and add to the bread crumbs along with salt and pepper.
- Brush baking dish with some of the melted butter, coating the bottom well.
- Dip the shrimp in the butter, opened side down, then dredge in the crumb mixture, pressing so they stick.
- Place shrimp, bread crumb side up in baking dish in one layer.
- Drizzle the tops with a little more of the melted butter.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked and bread crumbs are browned.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among 4 plates and place 4 shrimp around pile of arugula.
- Drizzle with more butter and serve with lemon wedges.