Create an eye-opening experience with this chilling treat made with creamy peanut butter and crunchy pieces of NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER candy bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (2 1/8 ounce) nestle butterfinger candy bars, finely chopped
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsel
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 (1 2/3 ounce) packages nestle Butterfinger BB's
- red decorating icing
- 1LINE 2 baking sheets with wax paper.
- 2BEAT peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar until mixture holds together and is moistened. Stir in chopped Butterfinger. Shape into 1-inch "eyeballs." Place on prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 1 hour.
- 3MELT morsels and shortening in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute 30 seconds; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Remove one baking sheet of frozen "eyeballs" from freezer (keep other sheet in freezer until ready to use).
- 4DIP one "eyeball" into melted morsel mixture using a wooden pick or skewer. Shake off excess and return to baking sheet. Gently press 1 Butterfinger BB on top of "eyeball" to make a "pupil." Repeat procedure with remaining "eyeballs" on baking sheet. Refrigerate until coating is set. Repeat with remaining sheet of "eyeballs" and coating.
- 5You may find it necessary to reheat morsel mixture before dipping second batch. Before serving, pipe decorator icing around eyeballs to create bloodshot markings. Store in covered container in refrigerator. Best served cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterfinger Eyeballs
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 33
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 50.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: