Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this one on razzledazzlerecipes.com my nephew asked me to make him a Butterfinger cheesecake for his 18th birthday and I was surprised to find no posted recipes here on zaar. Anyway this is what I turned up. Hope he likes it. Caution cheesecakes need about 8-10 hours to refrigeration so it's best to make the day before.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 cup golden brown sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar, sifted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups crushed butterfinger candy bars (divided)
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 5 ounces heavy cream (or a bit less)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter 9 inch springform pan. Blend crumbs, brown sugar, butter and vanilla until moist. Press into bottom and 2 inches up sides of pan.
- For Filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, and 2 Tablespoons vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Beat in sour cream. Add eggs 1 at a time beating after each addition. Add 1 1/2 cups crushed Butterfingers. Pour into pan. Bake about an hour or until golden on top, cracked on edges and set a little in center. Transfer to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop chocolate and place in medium bowl. Heat cream until it begins to boil. Pour cream over chocolate let sit 1 minute and stir until smooth.
- Take 1/3 chocolate mix and put in Ziploc bag. Set aside. Put remaining chocolate in fridge for about 10 minutes to thicken. Remove and spread over cake. Then sprinkle remaining Butterfingers over glaze. Finally drizzle remaining chocolate from bag over the top. Refrigerate over night.
We didn't care for this at all. I actually threw it out after two bites. There was a very strange after taste. I'm a huge butterfinger fan, so I was pretty sad about this one.
I made this cheesecake for Thanksgiving to have something out of the ordinary. Everyone loved it. My father said that it was the best thing he had ever eaten.
Hi Peyton&KaylansMama, I saw this recipe a couple days ago and I made it yesterday. The cheese cake is excellent good flavour the butterfinger chocolate bar is very delicate and the texture is very creamy. I baked it @ 275 for about 2 1/2 hrs. the cake performed beautifully rising around the edges and slightly jiggly in the center with a light golden brown colour. I personally would change the amount of chocolate added to the cake as a topping; I would add more chocolate and much less cream, as it did not setup as nicely as I thought it would. Then I would add about a cup of chopped pecans to the chocolate crumbs to make a crunchier base for the cheese cake. Otherwise a fun cheesecake to make and I will make again, maybe I will not buy as many Butterfinger chocolate bars next time! Thanks for posting. Oilpatchjo