1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in a cookbook that is a few years old. I decided to try it out for an auction we were having to raise money for our trip to Utah. It turned out fantastic, and it sold for $60, if I remember correctly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, about 35 (I used chocolate creme sandwich cookies, like Oreos, and took out the fluffy filling) or 36 wafers (I used chocolate creme sandwich cookies, like Oreos, and took out the fluffy filling)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (I don't know if using the less fat varieties will change how the cheesecake turns out)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 (2 1/8 ounce) butterfinger candy bars, frozen and chopped (2.1 oz each)
- 1 (2 1/8 ounce) butterfinger candy bars, frozen and chopped (2.1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch sundae sauce (Caramel topping would be fine, too. That's what I used)
- 2In a small bowl, combine the crumbs and melted butter.
- 3Press into the bottom and 1 1/2" up the sides of a greased 9" springform pan, and then, set aside.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until it is smooth and fluffy.
- 6Beat in the cream and vanilla.
- 7Add the eggs (They should already be lightly beaten); beat on a low speed until they are just combined.
- 8Stir in the chopped candy bar pieces.
- 9Pour into the crust.
- 10Place the pan on a baking sheet (preferably one with sides).
- 11Bake at 325 degrees until the center is almost set, about 60-70 minutes. The top should look golden brown, but make sure it isn't getting burnt. If it is, turn down the oven a little bit.
- 12Cool it on a wire rack for ten minutes.
- 13Carefully run a knife around the edges to loosen. Make sure the knife is getting behind the crust and not cutting it off the cheesecake.
- 14Cool the cheesecake at room temperature for another hour.
- 15Put it in the refrigerator, and leave it there overnight.
- 16The next day, remove the sides of the pan from the cheesecake.
- 17Sprinkle the chopped candy bar pieces on top of the cake, and then drizzle with butterscotch or caramel topping.
- 18Refrigerate the leftovers.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterfinger Candy Bar Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.4
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 190.3 mg
- Sodium 453.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 10.8 g