1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Piper Lee's Note:
Delicious chocolate cake with caramel, Butterfingers, and a Cool Whip/cream cheese frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar caramel topping
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 1/2 ounces butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1Bake cake according to directions on the box. Remove from oven and immediately poke holes in the top of the cake with a drinking straw or chopstick to make holes for the caramel topping to sink into.
- 2Prepare the caramel topping by mixing the caramel and sweetened condensed milk in a small bowl until well combined. Drizzle over the warm cake so it seeps down into the holes.
- 3Measure out half of the crushed candy bars and sprinkle the pieces over the cake.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine thawed whipped topping and softened cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spread mixture over top of the candy. Sprinkle remaining candy pieces on top.
- 5Place, uncovered, in the freezer for about an hour; then place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterfinger Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 449.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g