Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you like Butterfinger candybars, you'll LOVE this!
Make and share this Butterfinger Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture and 1 cup of crushed butterfingers bars.
- Spread in greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle remaining crushed butterfinger bars over top of batter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Cool and then cut into bars.
I needed to make a desert for a short notice potluck and had some Butterfinger in the freezer, hence the use of this easy recipe. This recipe is similar to a Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie bar with a few little tweaks. I can't say I really know what these taste like in total, as I didn't have one myself, just a little sliver. I can say that the crowd of 12 they were served to inhaled them, although not a terribly picky group by nature. This recipe doesn't really tell you what "done" is and when. I can't tell you when either precisely but I did bake until a knife came out pretty much clean from several spots. I had some extra peanut butter that needed to be used for something, so I added it, about a 1/2 cup in total, it made the batter taste good! Mine came out with a firm, moist and chewy texture.
My daughters 10 and loves to cook we made these together very easy and everybody loved them!!!Always looking for something new and different and these were perfect!
I do believe I have found my favorite brownie! Butterfinger is the candy bar I love above all others and they are so yummy in this recipe! I used 4 King Size bars and my colleagues gobbled them up! Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Wildflour!