Recipe by Wildflour
If you like Butterfinger candybars, you'll LOVE this!
Top Review by Ismy Echo
I needed to make a desert for a short notice potluck and had some Butterfinger in the freezer, hence the use of this easy recipe. This recipe is similar to a Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie bar with a few little tweaks. I can't say I really know what these taste like in total, as I didn't have one myself, just a little sliver. I can say that the crowd of 12 they were served to inhaled them, although not a terribly picky group by nature. This recipe doesn't really tell you what "done" is and when. I can't tell you when either precisely but I did bake until a knife came out pretty much clean from several spots. I had some extra peanut butter that needed to be used for something, so I added it, about a 1/2 cup in total, it made the batter taste good! Mine came out with a firm, moist and chewy texture.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 butterfinger candy bars, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture and 1 cup of crushed butterfingers bars.
- Spread in greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle remaining crushed butterfinger bars over top of batter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Cool and then cut into bars.