Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another delightful combination of peanut butter and chocolate! Easy to make cookies that taste so good! I got this recipe from a friend whom I consider the cookie goddess.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter or 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Mix margarine, sugars and oats together and press into a greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 12-15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together over low heat.
- Spread mixture over oatmeal base.
- Allow to cool well and cut into bars.
I made these and took them to a potluck, they all dissapeared and people commented that they were good! When I got home, the ones I had left, about half,were all gone too. So thumbs up! Thanks Whisper!
My little brother's best friend's Mom gave our Mom this recipe years ago, and I was so glad to find it again! It's good, and easy. I'll be making it for my husband this weekend with Adam's No-Stir Peanut Butter (btw, I never experienced trouble with the PB/chocolate mixture being too soft). Thanks for posting this, Whisper!!
Other than making only a half a batch and baking them in a 8x8 sqare pan, I followed the recipe exactly. A nice, quick, and easy recipe using ingredients that I already had that resulted in a tasty little treat. I put them in the fridge for the chocolate to set but would maybe recommend cutting them first if anyone else does so. Thanks for a great recipe!!