1/1 Photo of Butterfied Leg of Lamb with Ginger
1 hr 15 mins
The ginger is delicious with lamb. Serve with Asian noodles and a green salad (time does not include marinating time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2267.96 g leg of lamb, fat trimmed and deboned (weight after bone is removed)
- 44.37 ml finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml low sodium soy sauce (regular is too salty)
- 1.23 ml dark sesame oil
- 4.92 ml rice vinegar or 4.92 ml distilled white vinegar
- 78.07 ml mirin or 78.07 ml sweet sherry
- 1Score the surface of the lamb, place in a shallow dish.
- 2Mix garlic.
- 3ginger, soy sauce,sesame oil, vinegar mirin and white pepper.
- 4Pour marinade over the lamb cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to overnight Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 5Put lamb in a roasting pan, reserve the marinade.
- 6roast 15 minutes.
- 7Lower temp to 325F and continue roasting the lamb basting with the reserved marinade.
- 8Roast to your preferred pink or well done about a total of 50 minutes (140F internal temp) Let the lamb rest before serving.
- 9Meanwhile mix the dipping sauce, serve along side slices of lamb at room temp.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterfied Leg of Lamb with Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.9
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 158.5 mg
- Sodium 302.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 45.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: