1/13 Photos of Buttered Wine Rice
From a Women's Weekly Dinner Party Cookbook. A nice change from plain rice! If you have any leftovers, add some cooked peas, canned tuna & some cream for an easy tuna rice dish, yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in a pan, add onion and cook gently until onion is tender and lightly golden.
- 2Add rice and stir for 3 minutes.
- 3Add 1 cup of hot chicken stock to pan and stir until almost completely dissolved.
- 4Add remaining stock & wine, bring to the boil, reduce heat & simmer gently for approximately 10 mins until rice is tender.
- 5Season with salt & pepper & serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttered Wine Rice
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.2
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 379.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g