Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Women's Weekly Dinner Party Cookbook. A nice change from plain rice! If you have any leftovers, add some cooked peas, canned tuna & some cream for an easy tuna rice dish, yum!
- 90 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup long grain rice, washed
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter in a pan, add onion and cook gently until onion is tender and lightly golden.
- Add rice and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of hot chicken stock to pan and stir until almost completely dissolved.
- Add remaining stock & wine, bring to the boil, reduce heat & simmer gently for approximately 10 mins until rice is tender.
- Season with salt & pepper & serve.
The flavor of this rice is fantastic! I used brown rice so maybe that's why it took a LOT longer to cook. Even after 20 minutes, covered, it wasn't done. Still, I'll plan ahead a bit more and make this more often. Used 6 T butter but could probably cut back. Thanks!
Well, we really liked it and it worked perfectly for me, thank you Mandy, very nice recipe, made for I Recommend tag game.
I don't know if "Mandy" is still on this site, but I am glad that I discovered this outstanding Rice Recipe!I use 5 T Butter and it did take longer to get my rice done.This will be cooked a lot. Thanks for posting.