Recipe by MizzNezz
This is our favorite side dish in the summer. It's so good when freshly cooked, the kids even love it. This bears NO resemblence to canned spinach! Quick and easy.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- lemon juice or vinegar, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut stems from spinach.
- Place spinach in sink full of water.
- Swish it around to clean well.
- Remove from water.
- Drain the sink, then put more fresh water in the sink and wash spinach again.
- Pull the spinach out of the water and let drip.
- Place in large pot.
- Add no water, the water clinging to the spinach will be enough.
- Place pot on high heat until steaming.
- Stir, reduce heat to med, cook for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Drain in colander.
- Return to pan, add butter, salt and pepper, stir to coat.
- Serve with lemon juice or vinegar on the side.