This is our favorite side dish in the summer. It's so good when freshly cooked, the kids even love it. This bears NO resemblence to canned spinach! Quick and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut stems from spinach.
- 2Place spinach in sink full of water.
- 3Swish it around to clean well.
- 4Remove from water.
- 5Drain the sink, then put more fresh water in the sink and wash spinach again.
- 6Pull the spinach out of the water and let drip.
- 7Place in large pot.
- 8Add no water, the water clinging to the spinach will be enough.
- 9Place pot on high heat until steaming.
- 10Stir, reduce heat to med, cook for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- 11Drain in colander.
- 12Return to pan, add butter, salt and pepper, stir to coat.
- 13Serve with lemon juice or vinegar on the side.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttered Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.8
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 441.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g