Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A goodie from BC. Great for the holidays.
Top Review by Chef cmpinco
I put the cider into my slow cooker, mixed the brown sugar with softened butter in a separate bowl, and added two tablespoons of the butter/sugar mixture per 9 ounce mug along with the 2 tblsp of rum. I'm not a big drinker (had to dust off the rum bottle) and thought the amount of alcohol was just right. This will be at any gathering at my home during cold weather.
- 6 cups apple cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, add cider, cloves, nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture to remove cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- In individual mugs (6 mugs total), place 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons rum.
- Fill each mug with hot cider; stir.