- 6 cups apple cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 tablespoons butter (do not use margarine or spread)
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cider, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon to boiling in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Strain cider mixture to remove cloves and cinnamon, if desired.
- For each serving, place 1 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons rum in a mug; fill with hot cider.