Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 cup oleo, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons rum, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Beat oleo at medium speed til creamy.
- Add 1/2c sugar beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients.
- Combine milk and 21/2 TBs rum.
- Add flourmix alternately with milk mixture.
- Begin and end with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed til blended after each addition.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake 375 degrees 20- 25 min.
- When done remove at once.
- Cook 21/2 TBS rum and 3 TBS sugar just to boil and brush over muffins.
Rum flavor was a bit light for my tastes. More of just a yellow muffin. And I used butter instead of oleo.