Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good side of rice that compliments many main dishes. We like this with baked chicken.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add rice, stir, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- In skillet, melt butter until lightly browned.
- Mix rice and parmesan cheese.
- Place in serving bowl.
- Drizzle butter over rice.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Yuuuummmmy! Parmesan, butter and rice... what a wonderful combination. This was so easy and got thumbs up from everyone here. I didn't have any parsley but the guys never missed it. This will definitley be a side dish we'll have often. Thanks, MizzNezz!
I`ve made this dish a few times now & its always a hit,its a recipe that leaves you room to fiddle with ie. adding garlic or other herbs etc.I love all your recipes MizzNezz....keep up the great work. Bubble